If you’re a parent who brings your child to school each morning, you may throw on a pair of yoga pants (or whatever is clean) before heading out the door. But if your kid goes to school in Florida, you might soon have to dress up first. One Florida school board member is proposing a dress code for parents in order to set a good example for students.
This just screams classicism at best. (Check all the coded language) Plus, what are they actually going to do to punish parents? Again why does Florida even have a school system? Why do schools feel the need to over step their authority so much?
So storytime now that my blog is all nice & clean!
My mom likes to feed the birds in our backyard. She buys a big bag of wild birdseed and fills a metal pan with it. She had done this off & on since we moved to our new home. This Spring things are much different.
The bird pictured above is a STALKER! No seriously, he now lives in our backyard, he follows both me and my mom when we go outside, and he even tried to attack Mr. Flash Gordon which is just not cool at all! Dad tried spraying him once with a water hose but that bird just perched right on our shed and just stared at him for a good minute, as if to say, “Nah water ain’t gonna work man. This is my spot.”
He also straight up hogs all the birdseed in the dish. Not allowing any of the other birds to have any and will actually beat them away from it. It’s really sad to watch.
Recently, he had began to follow us when we live out the front door which is scarier still. Then last week I was walking to Safeway to drop of a Redbox dish and I turn the corner and I see this bird perch on the corner of my block. I text my mom and was like:
“is that crazy bird in the backyard hogging the freebies”
She text back, “I don’t see him anywhere. Why?”
Y’all I’m being stalked by a blue jay. I have no clue on how to get rid of him because Mr. Flash Gordon isn’t an aggressive cat and this bird ain’t scare of the hose. Also if my mom doesn’t put out birdseed he will beg at the door.
I am actually done with setting up this blog! It took a lot longer than I thought but I set up a director that you can view on my blog under “My post directory”, made it a bit easier for me or anyone to search for my older posts, and just organized this little blog for my sanity! Sheesh. I’m look forward in posting more now that it’s tidy. So enjoy old and new posts dear followers. Thanks.
(Well until summer hits and I won’t have any internet access at all.)
Jan-March 2014 posts
January 2014 post:
February 2014 posts:
- Me & Winter Blues
- That debate Bill Nye had over creationism
- Why are there no books about male Preschool teachers?
Well considering I lost internet access at my parent’s house. Not a bad start for the year. I actually do want to use Tumblr more but with summer coming up. This blog will probably dry up again. IDK.
The deep stuff: Race, Class, gender & the US educational system
For those of you who may be looking for my insight on more serious issues in a boarder sense. I’ll list all the post I did about how I feel about society at large here. It’s still a work in progress but since I’m cleaning out my drafts I might as well post it.
RACE & the USA
- The March on Washington part I
- The March Legacy & Me Part II
- Racism in America
- Feeling Black & Proud today
This is a set of posts I did around the 50th anniversary of the March of Washington and the Civil Rights movement as a whole:
Nov to Dec 2012 retro posts
- Nov 2012 posts:
- When will we ever have more than two major political parties?
- Why living at home with your parents really suck.
- In which I started watching the BBC Sherlock series.
Protip: Never start watching series like Sherlock before finals. Luckily, I didn’t have many finals but the one I did well as they say its important to rest before taking test. My poor GPA. -_-
- Dec 2012:
- In which I started filling up my Dash with fandom junk
- After completing a rather long book assignment
- Hating on apps and the new yahoo design
- The wallpaper I always end up using for Finals
- It was quite a hard term
- Then I talked about comics books
And that’s all. I don’t pay for the internet bill for my parents thus it justify them turning off the wifi on me or blocking me off the computer whenever they want. (Even during Finals which made that term really, really harder than it needed to be.) Which is why there’s such a gap from Dec to darn near April 2013. I would complain but there’s very little I could do about it. So why bother till I can save up and move out?
April to July 2013 posts
The gap is just me generally losing interesting in Tumblr and being way more active on twitter. But then I finally started using the site again and posted more nonsensical stuff as follows:
- In which I forget about Tumblr for the billionth time.
- Happy 75th birthday Superman
- My favorite Superman & Wonder Woman
2. May 2013
- Then DC remember they had a character called Superman
- Spammers gonna spam….the wrong blog.
- Netflix waited to late to add the Avengers
3. July 2013
Sept to Nov 2013 posts
September 2013 posts:
- The day Twitter crashed.
- Just fangirling over Mr. Elba
- The Second week of my Black History Class & making connections
- Just venting over things.
- Why we need a Black Women’s History class
- I do enjoy Black history even with its issues
October 2013 posts:
- The day before I turned 27.
- Things I wanted to do for my 27th birthday
- I should’ve asked for a computer for my b-day
November 2013 posts:
- Why November is my favorite month
- Then I saw Thor II
- In which I tried to follow other Elba fans but got gross porn instead.
- An Article about being a Black Indie Cartoonist
I was still way into tweeting more than posting on Blogs. I guess its due to my Internet history. But I was making an effort to post some stuff here. It’s hard when you are just starting out and you don’t think anyone is really listening.
August 2013 posts
Ah the joys of having a bus pass & a library card. Here’s my August 2013 which are a bit more focused some of which can be cross ref on other master-list.
- I rejoined Twitter
- Liking Black culture on TV isn’t the same as knowing Black culture in real life.
- Remember when I had a handful of followers on both Twitter and Tumblr
- Refocusing my blog
- The disconnect of Black social media
- The Tubman animated feature
- In which I get tired of Superhero comics & the big two
- People I like following on Social media
- Giving Mr. Flash Gordon (my cat) a shout out.
- In which I keep confusing tumblr for twitter.
- A little more about me.
- Questions I hate being asked while reading
- A new school term starts and I’m happy
- Re-ordering my blog to curb the chaos
- What makes me happy.
The next few post I did can be found here: [Link} as they pertain issues of race in America.
- When all the good Godzilla movies left Netflix
- Actin’ like I’m Zora trying to find some truth from fifty years ago
- I’m here for advice if needed
Retro Post of October 2012 aka the first batch
The first posts I made as I was trying to figure out Tumblr. (Still figuring out some things but getting better.)
- October 2012 Posts:
- My first Tumblr post
- Forever procrastinating on assignments
- Trying to not repeat the same Social media mistakes
- My first three followers who go unnamed
- Updated the About Me page
- That I woke up early on Saturday & DC Nation wasn’t on
- I hate when cellphones go off in class
- That time I got booted from a survey about make-up & beauty
- Trying to use tumblr on a 2005 Mac system
- Netflix was ruining my college career
- I woke up & was still pissed that I could watch GLTAS & Young Justice
- Good thing about not being popular
- When away from Tumblr
- When I discovered Comic creators were on here
- In which this blog starts making some sense because of the previous post
- Cowboy Bebop had the best OST end of story
- After finishing the “War on Kids” on Netflix
- Mom & Me & Maturity
- In which I get a secondary Blog to be a tad more organized.
Fun fact: I never had a live journal account. Probably for the best. I did have a wordpress account once but I didn’t take to it.